Social Icons

Blank YouTube Email Twitter RSS Feed Blank Google Plus facebook warmaster forum

15 May 2011

Seer Council Coversions Done

Nick speaking,

After waiting a while for some Warlocks to come from eBay, I was able to complete the final touches to my Seer Council. With all the Warlocks and 'Jetbike' Anti Grav platforms magnetised, I was able to start work on the next stage...

My aim is to have ten Warlocks in total, five Warlocks with Witch blades and five with Singing spears. This would give me the option to interchange my five 'Jetbike' Warlocks to any combination of weapons I wanted, and have the added bonus of giving me a full unit of ten foot slogging Warlocks to use if needed. After purchasing as many different Warlocks as I could find, (think I have them all, but I could be wrong) I only ended up with three Singing spear models, so a bit of conversion work was needed...

First was to make a Singing spear out of a Dire Avenger power weapon...



With the spear ready I took a duplicate Warlock I had, and cut off the Witch blade arm. I then made a sleeve for the Dire Avenger arm and made both the original Witch blade and the new Spear arm interchangeable with magnets...




One of the figures I got from eBay, was a another duplicate Warlock, that had had the top of it's spear broken. This gave me an excellent opportunity to make my fifth Warlock a bit different to the original one...


First I cut the spear away from the foot so that I could bend the arm a bit to give the spear a different angle. I then made up a new top section from another Dire Avenger power weapon, and added an odd piece I had to the bottom, to get the length of the spear back again. Finally I cut of the antlers to alter his appearance further...


With the Warlocks and Platforms all done, it was time to sort out the foot slogging bases. I found that the magnets on the Warlocks feet were sticking out a bit and you could see them on the bases, fine on the platforms, as In my mind the Warlocks control the platforms with these 'discs', but they looked a bit silly on the 25mm bases.

I thought that if I put some cardboard/plastic discs on the bases the same size as the magnets, i might be able to get the Warlocks to look like they are standing on some sort of council pathway, maybe made out of wraithbone discs or something! I made some carboard discs using a cereal box and a hole punch, which I have to give credit to my wife for coming up with this ideas, after I spent a week unsuccessfully looking around my local hobby shops...




Finally, I made some extra psychic 'smoke' for my Sexy Farseer, and I am all ready for painiting...


4 comments:

  1. interesting conversions. I'm looking forward to seeing these painted.

    I was also thinking of doing a jetbike council without bikes. They'd all be levitating like WHFB High Elf mages.

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Levitating Warlocks sounds good to me, you should do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mind if I ask what parts you are using for bikes?  They look like they might be Epic figs, but I can't place them specifically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are the Guardian Heavy Weapons Platform, with a Jetbike Shuriken Catapult underneath.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

IDIC Labels

Allies (3) Annihilation Barge (5) Anrakyr (3) Archon (1) Arjac (2) Army List Clinic (10) Artillery (1) Assault Phase (1) Attack Wing (1) Autarch (3) Avatar (10) Bases (10) Battle Reports (194) Belial (2) Bikes (11) Biovores (3) Bjorn (3) Black Legion (1) Blood Angels (9) Broodlord (7) C'tan (19) Canis (1) Canoptek Harvest (8) Carnifex (7) Cases (1) Challenges (17) Chaos Space Marines (18) Characters (3) Cities of Death (15) Command Barge (5) Community Cryptek (12) Crimson Hunter (4) Cryptek (13) Daemons (13) Dark Angels (7) Dark Eldar (25) Dark Eldar Conversions (1) Dark Elf (3) Dark Elves (3) Death Company (1) Deathmarks (3) Deceiver (2) Defence Line (3) Destroyer Cult (4) Destroyer Lord (4) Destroyers (11) Detachments (3) Dire Avengers (3) Display Board (1) Doom of Malan'tai (4) Doom Sythe (6) Doomsday Ark (7) DreadBall (3) Dreadnought Conversion (7) Drop Pod (3) Dwarfs (2) Eldar (207) Eldar Army Lists (22) Eldar Battle Reports (52) Eldar Conversions (25) Eldar Flyer (6) Eldar Tactics (9) Eldar Terrain (4) Eldar Webway Portal (2) Eldrad (2) Emperors Children (8) Empire (3) Endless Swarm (3) Falcon (5) Farseer (5) Fenrisian Wolves (2) Finecast (6) Fire Dragons (4) Fire Prism (6) Flayed Ones (34) Fluff (1) Footdar (2) Forge World (18) Formations (21) Free Hand (6) Games Day (1) Gargoyles (3) Genestealers (9) Ghost Ark (3) Gothic (15) Green Stuff (34) Grey Hunters (13) Grey Knight Battle Report (2) Grey Knights (2) Guard Battle Reports (6) Guardians (3) Harlequin Battle Report (8) Harlequin Tactics (1) Harlequins (14) Harpy (4) Heavy Destroyers (1) Help for Heroes Salamanders (40) Help for Heroes Ultramarines (29) Hive Crone (4) Hive Guard (2) Hive Tyrant (11) Hive Tyrant Guard (2) Hobby (36) Hormagaunts (1) How to Magnetise (21) How to paint (14) Immortals (3) Imotekh (3) Imperial Guard (7) Jetbikes (12) Laser Cut Card (40) Lethal Terrain (1) Lictors (2) Living Tomb (9) Logan (1) Long Fangs (10) Lukas (6) Lychguard (4) Maelstrom (2) Magnetising (53) Maleceptor (3) Man O' War (13) Man O' War Battle Report (4) Markers (10) Maugan Ra (2) Mawloc (13) Mechdar (13) Mega Nobz (6) Missions (7) Monolith (11) Movement Phase (1) Mycetic Spore (14) Mysterious Objectives (4) Necron Army Lists (46) Necron Battle Reports (78) Necron Conversions (26) Necron Decurion (15) Necron Lord (4) Necron Tactics (19) Necron Terrain (49) Necrons (310) Nid Warriors (3) Nidzilla (7) Night Scythe (8) Nightbringer (3) obelisk (9) Objective Markers (7) Orikan (4) Ork conversions (6) Orks (18) Other (22) Outsider (1) Overlord (2) Overwatch (1) Painting Eldar (76) Painting Necrons (47) painting Salamanders (22) Painting Space Wolves (46) Painting Tyranids (53) Paints (7) Pariah (1) Phase Out (1) Polls (5) Psychic Powers (6) Pylon (3) Rangers (1) Raveners (4) Razorback (3) Reading 6th (18) Reaper Bones (1) Reclamation Legion (8) Rhino (2) Rippers (1) Rules (60) Rune Priest (3) Saim-Hann (20) Salamanders (38) Scarabs (15) Seer Council (6) Shadow Spectres (3) Shining Spears (1) Shooting Phase (1) Shrike (3) Skyblight (1) Space Marines (8) Space Wolves (111) Space Wolves Army Lists (12) Space Wolves Battle Reports (18) Space Wolves Conversions (16) Space Wolves Tactics (5) Special Rules (1) Spore Mines (2) Spotlight (44) Spyders (8) Super Phalanx (6) Supplements (1) Support Weapons (5) Swarmlord (4) Swiftclaws (2) Swooping Hawkes (1) Tactics (6) Tau (8) Termagants (5) Terminators (2) Terrain (48) Tervigon (7) Tesseract Vault (9) Thunderwolves (11) Tomb Blades (5) Toxicrene (5) Transcendent C'tan (5) Triarch Stalker (6) Trygon (13) Tyranid Army Lists (18) Tyranid Battle Reports (44) Tyranid Conversions (22) Tyranid Tactics (9) Tyranids (149) Tyrannocyte (8) Ultramarines (29) Unboxing (3) Unit Types (3) Veer-Myn (2) Vehicles (5) Venomthropes (2) Void Dragon (7) Vypers (1) War Walker (7) Warlocks (7) Warriors (8) Wave Serpents (9) We'll be Back (1) Weapons (3) Wolf Lord (4) Wraithblades (4) Wraithguard (4) Wraithknight (5) Wraithlord (1) Wraiths (14) Ymgarls (2) Zoanthropes (2)