Social Icons

Blank YouTube Email Twitter RSS Feed Blank Google Plus facebook warmaster forum

4 January 2013

400 Posts! A New Year, A New Template?

Nick speaking,

After an amazing three years on the Blog, everything seems to be going in the right direction. Each year gaining more Hits, more Followers and more Comments, and that is fantastic. 2012 saw some record stats for me, mainly due to 6th Edition coming out and me getting the rule book early, but also due to more awareness of the Blog with the help of more Blog Rolls, Shout Outs and Links from many of you great people. I hope of course, that the content I have been putting out has had something to do with it as well...

So, now I have hit 400 posts, and the question I keep asking myself is, should I get myself a new template for the Blog? Don't get me wrong, I really like what I have, and that is the reason why it has stayed the same so far. I am not one for change to be honest, but it has crossed my mind that maybe my Blog would do better with a new template. Apart from really liking what I already have, I have to admit that I am a little scared of messing up the Blog when I change over, I would hate to lose all my work, and I am not too sure how to incorporate my header into a new template either...


I am sure all would be fine, as many Blogs I follow have changed with no issues, I even see some of them changing the template almost every month, so I am sure I would be able to work it all out. Now this is where you guy's come in. What do you think I should do? Should I get a new template for the Blog or stick with what I have? Please vote on the poll to the left and leave any comments for me below. I am really interested in getting your views on this, including anything else that you might think will improve what I am currently doing.

If you would like to help me continue the upfulness of the Blog, please feel free to put my Logo on your Blog if you have one. Or if I am not on your Blog Roll already, please can you add me! I will of course return the favour as I really appreciate anyone who is willing to share IDICBeer.

Just in case you are unsure of how to add my Logo, all you need to do is follow these four simple steps:

1) Right click on the image below and click 'Save Image As' to save it to your desktop
2) Go to 'Design' in Blogger and click 'Add a Gadget/Widget' and select add a 'Picture'
3) Browse for the IDICBeer logo on your desktop and add it
4) Add this link 'http://idicbeer.blogspot.com' in the link section


Thanks for all your support

8 comments:

  1. Wuhoo! Well done mate!



    As for the blog layout, I like it as it is, so it ain't broke, don't fix it, unless you fancy a change?



    As for content, I like the mix you have at the moment, but I'd like maybe 1 or 2 tactica posts once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate, comment and suggestion noted thanks ;D
    Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooo!


    You know what I am like for changes and more corporate style templates, so a change what I think is needed. Change is also good too. If you change template you will no lose your posts and you can input the head in most. If you're not happy just change it back again, just remember to save your template ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your thoughts mate
    Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

    ReplyDelete
  5. 400 posts! Wish I were anywhere near that… Congratulations!

    TBH I'm not a fan of the current template, but I come here for the brains, not the body ;)

    I'd suggest you concentrate on your cool articles and video reports, and don't worry too much about the template.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks mate, that is good advice and something to consider :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. My suggestion is to do a quick search where peoples eyes go when they are looking at websites. I believe blogger already has suggestions where to place certain material, ads, body, resources, etc.


    For instance when people look at a webpage their eyes tend to go to the middle of the page first. Then upper left, then down left and back to middle. Only then do people start looking on the right side of the page. Studies have been performed on how people view restaurant menus. Most people completely open the menu and look at the middle first. Which is where the most expensive entrees are placed.


    Knowing where people look can help them, and you, find the content they are looking for quickly without any stress. For example having to scroll to the right to read your posts and completely ignore the noise on the left side of the blog.


    Regarding change. If you love your layout keep it. This is your sandbox we just stop by to step on your castles. /wink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for that, I will bear it all in mind :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

IDIC Labels

Allies (3) Annihilation Barge (5) Anrakyr (3) Archon (1) Arjac (2) Army List Clinic (10) Artillery (1) Assault Phase (1) Attack Wing (1) Autarch (3) Avatar (10) Bases (10) Battle Reports (194) Belial (2) Bikes (11) Biovores (3) Bjorn (3) Black Legion (1) Blood Angels (9) Broodlord (7) C'tan (19) Canis (1) Canoptek Harvest (8) Carnifex (7) Cases (1) Challenges (17) Chaos Space Marines (18) Characters (3) Cities of Death (15) Command Barge (5) Community Cryptek (12) Crimson Hunter (4) Cryptek (13) Daemons (13) Dark Angels (7) Dark Eldar (25) Dark Eldar Conversions (1) Dark Elf (3) Dark Elves (3) Death Company (1) Deathmarks (3) Deceiver (2) Defence Line (3) Destroyer Cult (4) Destroyer Lord (4) Destroyers (11) Detachments (3) Dire Avengers (3) Display Board (1) Doom of Malan'tai (4) Doom Sythe (6) Doomsday Ark (7) DreadBall (3) Dreadnought Conversion (7) Drop Pod (3) Dwarfs (2) Eldar (207) Eldar Army Lists (22) Eldar Battle Reports (52) Eldar Conversions (25) Eldar Flyer (6) Eldar Tactics (9) Eldar Terrain (4) Eldar Webway Portal (2) Eldrad (2) Emperors Children (8) Empire (3) Endless Swarm (3) Falcon (5) Farseer (5) Fenrisian Wolves (2) Finecast (6) Fire Dragons (4) Fire Prism (6) Flayed Ones (34) Fluff (1) Footdar (2) Forge World (18) Formations (21) Free Hand (6) Games Day (1) Gargoyles (3) Genestealers (9) Ghost Ark (3) Gothic (15) Green Stuff (34) Grey Hunters (13) Grey Knight Battle Report (2) Grey Knights (2) Guard Battle Reports (6) Guardians (3) Harlequin Battle Report (8) Harlequin Tactics (1) Harlequins (14) Harpy (4) Heavy Destroyers (1) Help for Heroes Salamanders (40) Help for Heroes Ultramarines (29) Hive Crone (4) Hive Guard (2) Hive Tyrant (11) Hive Tyrant Guard (2) Hobby (36) Hormagaunts (1) How to Magnetise (21) How to paint (14) Immortals (3) Imotekh (3) Imperial Guard (7) Jetbikes (12) Laser Cut Card (40) Lethal Terrain (1) Lictors (2) Living Tomb (9) Logan (1) Long Fangs (10) Lukas (6) Lychguard (4) Maelstrom (2) Magnetising (53) Maleceptor (3) Man O' War (13) Man O' War Battle Report (4) Markers (10) Maugan Ra (2) Mawloc (13) Mechdar (13) Mega Nobz (6) Missions (7) Monolith (11) Movement Phase (1) Mycetic Spore (14) Mysterious Objectives (4) Necron Army Lists (46) Necron Battle Reports (78) Necron Conversions (26) Necron Decurion (15) Necron Lord (4) Necron Tactics (19) Necron Terrain (49) Necrons (310) Nid Warriors (3) Nidzilla (7) Night Scythe (8) Nightbringer (3) obelisk (9) Objective Markers (7) Orikan (4) Ork conversions (6) Orks (18) Other (22) Outsider (1) Overlord (2) Overwatch (1) Painting Eldar (76) Painting Necrons (47) painting Salamanders (22) Painting Space Wolves (46) Painting Tyranids (53) Paints (7) Pariah (1) Phase Out (1) Polls (5) Psychic Powers (6) Pylon (3) Rangers (1) Raveners (4) Razorback (3) Reading 6th (18) Reaper Bones (1) Reclamation Legion (8) Rhino (2) Rippers (1) Rules (60) Rune Priest (3) Saim-Hann (20) Salamanders (38) Scarabs (15) Seer Council (6) Shadow Spectres (3) Shining Spears (1) Shooting Phase (1) Shrike (3) Skyblight (1) Space Marines (8) Space Wolves (111) Space Wolves Army Lists (12) Space Wolves Battle Reports (18) Space Wolves Conversions (16) Space Wolves Tactics (5) Special Rules (1) Spore Mines (2) Spotlight (44) Spyders (8) Super Phalanx (6) Supplements (1) Support Weapons (5) Swarmlord (4) Swiftclaws (2) Swooping Hawkes (1) Tactics (6) Tau (8) Termagants (5) Terminators (2) Terrain (48) Tervigon (7) Tesseract Vault (9) Thunderwolves (11) Tomb Blades (5) Toxicrene (5) Transcendent C'tan (5) Triarch Stalker (6) Trygon (13) Tyranid Army Lists (18) Tyranid Battle Reports (44) Tyranid Conversions (22) Tyranid Tactics (9) Tyranids (149) Tyrannocyte (8) Ultramarines (29) Unboxing (3) Unit Types (3) Veer-Myn (2) Vehicles (5) Venomthropes (2) Void Dragon (7) Vypers (1) War Walker (7) Warlocks (7) Warriors (8) Wave Serpents (9) We'll be Back (1) Weapons (3) Wolf Lord (4) Wraithblades (4) Wraithguard (4) Wraithknight (5) Wraithlord (1) Wraiths (14) Ymgarls (2) Zoanthropes (2)